Friday, December 14, 2012

New Triplet is Released

Just learned from the CMUSphinx's main site.  It sounds like there is a new triplet of sphinxbase and SphinxTrain released.

http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/2012/12/new-release-sphinxbase-0-8-pocketsphinx-0-8-and-sphinxtrain-0-8/

I took a look of the changes.   Most of the changes work towards better reuse between SphinxTrain and sphinxbase.   I think this is very encouraging.

There are around 600-700 SVN update since the last major release of triplet.   I think Nick and the SF guys are doing great jobs on the toolkit.

As for training,  one encouraging part is that there are efforts to improve the training procedure.   I have always been maintaining that model training is the heart of speech recognition.   A good model is the key of getting good speech recognition and performance.   And great performance is the key of getting great user experience.

When will CMU Sphinx walk on the right path?   I am still waiting but I am increasingly optimistic.

Arthur

(PS. I have nothing to do with this release.  Though, I guess it's time to go back to actual open-source coding.)

No comments: